Undoubtedly Facebook is one of the best portals for interacting with people. But the fact is that many people don’t like using Facebook, as they think it provides less privacy. Many people want something like Facebook with more privacy, where they can meet new people with same interest and can date. That’s the reason the popularity of Tinder is growing day by day. But the main thing which most of the Tinder users want to learn how to use Tinder without Facebook account.
Most of the people don’t want Facebook to know everything they are doing, especially some private things which Facebook shouldn’t know especially the usage of Tinder. Sometimes we feel like cutting the link between Facebook and Tinder, but practically it’s not possible unless you know the tricks. Also there are some ways to know who viewed my facebook profile
Before I start discussing how you can do Tinder without Facebook, you must know why the tinder app is linked with your Facebook account.
How to Use Tinder without Facebook?
To access Tinder without using Facebook account is practically not possible with your existing Facebook profile. But if you don’t want your Tinder friends to see your Facebook activity you should change the privacy setting of Facebook. You need to change all the settings of your Facebook photos and posts if you don’t want to share them with others. You can change the privacy of all the posts and photos of Facebook to ‘friends only.’
Change Privacy settings:
The best thing is you can do is, limit all your photos and posts. In Facebook, you can control what the things Tinder can access from your Facebook account. You can do it by following these steps:
- First, you need to open your Facebook from a browser. Better if you do it using a PC. If you are using a mobile, then change the browsing to the desktop site.
- There you will find a lock icon. The icon will be located on the top right with three vertical lines.
- There you will find ‘see more settings’ at the bottom, click on that.
- Then you need to navigate to ‘apps’ to see all the apps.
- In the app list, you will find ‘Tinder’. Click on it to open. Change the app visibility to ‘only me.’ Once you do that, Tinder can’t post anything to your Facebook, and no one will know that you use Tinder.
- Once Tinder is linked to your Facebook account, it can access all your details. If you don’t want Tinder to access all these, you can make a separate Facebook account for Tinder.
Creating a new Facebook account:
If you don’t want Tinder to access your details at all and don’t want to change the privacy settings of your posts and photos, then the only option left is to access Tinder with a different Facebook account. You can create the profile using your real name and information but put only the things which you want to share in Tinder. You can do this by following these steps mentioned below; in case, you don’t want to Use Tinder without Facebook account (with original Facebook ID).
- First, you need to go to the official Facebook site. If your original account is open there, log out from it and click on sign in to create a brand new account.
- You will be needed a new email ID if you have an ID which hasn’t used for Facebook you can use it or else you need to make a new email id. Better you make the ID from Gmail.
- Once it is done, you will be asked to provide all your personal details such as first name, last name, email ID, birthday, gender and then you need to choose a password. Better you provide all your correct details so that if Tinder asks you any question, you can answer it correctly.
- Now move to the Tinder app and tap on the ‘settings gear’ option located at the top left.
- There you will find ‘app settings.’ You need to log out from your old account to register with the new Facebook account. Tap on ‘Log Out, ’ and you will be logged out.
- Once you are logged out from Tinder, you need to sign in to your newly created Facebook account. Sign in using your new ID and password from your Android or iOS.
- After that, open your Tinder and tap on ‘login with Facebook’ option.
- Now Tinder will link your newly created account and can access the only the limited in formations you provided.
Why Tinder is linked to Facebook?
Facebook tracks all our digital activity on the web. If you are a Facebook user, you can’t even stop it. Sometimes it’s helpful as we get to know about many things and latest apps. In Facebook people can create many fake profiles but in Tinder, you won’t get fake profiles as people need to login to their original account.
When this app asks to login using the Facebook ID, it builds trust. You don’t need to upload photos every time as Tinder is linked with your Facebook and you can choose a photo from there and put it as your display image. You can sync your contacts with Tinder and can chat with them.
Why should you not link Tinder with Facebook?
Most of the people do Tinder for dating purpose. Most of the people will not like to date someone who judges them depending upon the information, posts, and photos given on Facebook. Apart from that Tinder have access to your Facebook profile, age and general info, friend list, email ID, relationship interests, birthday, status updates, education, interests and hobbies, current city, photos and pages you liked. Means Tinder has access to everything you do or did on Facebook. That’s the reason many users want to use Tinder without Facebook account.
Tinder is a great app for dating. In Tinder, you get the opportunity to meet new people and date someone. No one will like if people judge them based on the Facebook stuff. That’s why people need more privacy and looks for how to use Tinder without Facebook. I hope now you will be able to access Tinder without sharing your personal information.